Amazon has a well earned reputation for commercializing open source database software. Now emerging open source NoSQL challenger ScyllaDB has turned the tables by releasing an API that gives DynamoDB users an easy path to a highly performant alternative that’s much less expensive.
ScyllaDB puts an end to vendor lockin. It lets you run on any cloud platform and deploy anywhere. You can run Scylla as a fully managed service (even on-prem) or open source.
Join Corey Quinn, Chief Cloud Economist at the Duckbill Group, and ScyllaDB founder and CEO Dor Laor for an informative session on new options available to DynamoDB users.
From attending this session you’ll learn:
- What people ask for vs. what they really want from their databases
- The challenges companies experience with DynamoDB
- How ScyllaDB frees DynamoDB users from vendor lockin
- AWS’s offerings and how ScyllaDB fits into this progression
- A comparison of performance and TCO