Lightweight transactions (LWT) has been a long anticipated feature for Scylla. Join Scylla VP of Product Tzach Livyatan and Software Team Lead Konstantin Osipov for a webinar introducing the Scylla implementation of LWT, a feature that brings strong consistency to our NoSQL database.
This webinar covers the tradeoffs typically made between database consistency, availability and latency; how to use lightweight transactions in Scylla; the similarities and differences between Scylla’s Paxos implementation and Cassandra’s, and what it all means to users.
From attending this webinar you’ll learn...
- The advantages and disadvantages of various consistency options
- Scylla lightweight transactions: syntax and semantics
- A design and implementation overview, changes in Paxos
- Performance comparisons with Apache Cassandra
- Scylla’s future roadmap for LWT beyond Paxos