When and how to migrate data from SQL to NoSQL are matters of much debate. It can certainly be a daunting task, but when your SQL systems hit architectural limits or your Aurora expenses skyrocket, it’s probably time to consider the move.
Doug Stuns is a leading practitioner in both SQL and NoSQL systems and a prolific author of books on RDBMS. He has successfully led the RDBMS-to-NoSQL migrations of several companies--from large financial institutions to agile IOT companies. Join Doug and ScyllaDB Solution Architect Tomer Sandler for a discussion of how best to migrate data from SQL to NoSQL, and how to get heterogenous data systems to communicate with each other effectively in real time. Doug and Tomer will share important architectural considerations, tips and tricks and several real-world use cases.
From this webinar you will learn:
- Key differences between RDBMS and NoSQL, and how to know when it’s time to migrate
- How to harness the greatest strengths out of both classes of databases, SQL and NoSQL
- Migration techniques proven in the field
- Modeling differences between RDBMS and NoSQL
- Managing releases in NoSQL vs RDBMS
- Scylla features and services that help with migrating from a relational database